This recipe is a hybrid from Karrie at HappyMoneySaver.com and The Chunky Chef. I liked the easy of baking from one and I liked the crisp ingredients from another. This recipe can be easily multiplied for batch baking, and also freezes really well! Ingredients: 1…
This recipes is based off of the amazing recipe in Jenna Helwig’s book “Baby-Led Feeding”, I have increased the quantities and tweaked some of the ingredients.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf of sandwich bread (I used Killer Dave whole wheat, thin cut, and there were about 20 slices)
Mix all of the ingredients, except the bread, in a medium bowl with a whisk. Give the mixture a good mixing until there are no longer any streaks of egg.
Heat your griddle to 350F degrees, and grease with some ghee or butter.
Dunk each slice of bread into the custard mix just for a few seconds on both sides, place on the griddle. Cook 3-5 minutes per side.
Enjoy with butter and syrup, or confectioners sugar.
*Note: Once cooled this french toast freezes very well. Place cooled slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and freeze for about an hour. Store in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
This recipe is based off the wonderful Starlight Yellow Cake recipe from Betty Crocker.
Lemon Yellow Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 inch square glass pyrex dish.
- In a large bowl, beat all the ingredients with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, to initially combine ingredients. Then beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cups of butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 to 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- dash of salt
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes
- Adjust the consistency of the frosting with more lemon juice or powdered sugar.
This recipe is based off of the Betty Crocker Classic Pancake recipe, with a couple of my own modifications. This recipe makes about 6-8 waffles depending on your iron. Enjoy! Ingredients: 2 cups all purpose flour 2 tablespoons white sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder 1…