This recipe was adapted from flavcity’s “Gluten Free Chocolate Date Brownies” recipe. I switched up the Ghee for coconut oil and used full wheat all purpose flour for the gluten free. I think these brownies are just as delicious. Enjoy!
- 12 oz of dates (pitted)
- 1 c melted coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 2/3 c cocoa powder
- 3/4 c of flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t baking powder
- 3/4 c chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F, and grease a 9×13 pan.
- Soak the pitted dates in enough hot water to cover, allow to soak for 15 min.
- Add the dates, 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid, and melted coconut oil to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla to blender and blend just until combined.
- In a bowl add the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix all the ingredients with a fork or whisk until combined.
- Add the date mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Spread out mixture into the prepared pan, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- I like to cool mine completely before cutting up into pieces.