Sourdough Sandwich Bread
This recipe has been adapted from a King Arthur recipe to be light texture, and easy to put together, with having the tang of a sourdough.
- 150g Fed Sourdough Starter
- 315g Flour, all purpose
- 2T Sugar or Honey
- 1 1/4t of salt
- 1t yeast
- 30g butter, softened
- 170g milk
- Place all ingredients into your mixing bowl in the order listed above. Knead on a stand mixer, with the dough hook attachment, for 8-10 minutes on low.
- Remove the dough hook, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a dinner plate, and allow to rise for 1-2 hours.
- Shape the dough into a large rectangle with one side as wide as your bread pan. This does not have to be perfect and the dough can be pushed into shape with the hands, no need to dirty a rolling pin. Roll the dough up like a cinnamon roll, pinching the seam together and both ends. Place in a greased bread pan and cover. Allow to rise for a second time, about 1-2 hours.
- After the dough has risen above the bread pan by an inch or so bake in a preheated 375F oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan immediately and cool completely on a rack before eating.