Homemade Powder Laundry Soap
This recipe is quick and easy to remember, but more importantly it works really well on stains! I use this soap in my top loading washer, on the cold or warm water setting, for both my clothes and cloth diapers. It works great!
1 bar of Dr Bronner’s Castile Soap (I prefer unscented)
2 cups Washing Soda
2 cups Borax
(Optional) 2 cups Baking Soda
- Grate the bar soap on a small hole grader.
- Mix the grated bar soap with the other ingredients in a big bowl, and mix until combined.
- Scoop into a container that has a lid
How to Use:
- Use 1 Tablespoon per small/medium load of laundry, for larger loads use 2 Tablespoons. That’s it, really! You do not need much.
- I wash my clothes with cold water and I have never had an issue with the soap not dissolving.
- I use 3/4 cup of white vinegar in the ‘fabric softener’ compartment of my washer for super stinky clothes, or with my towels to help them stay fluffy.
- I also dry my clothes with wool dryer balls rather than dryer sheets.