Sourdough Pumpkin Pancakes
This recipe uses sourdough starter which can be either fed or discard. I find the pancakes are a bit fluffier with fed sourdough so that is my preferred method.
2 cups fed sourdough starter
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1/4 cup of melted and cooled coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice blend
1 teaspoon baking soda
- The night before feed your sourdough starter and leave on the counter for 8-12 hours.
- In the morning combine all the ingredients except the baking soda and mix well.
- When you are ready to cook the pancakes, add and mix the baking soda in.
- Cook your pancakes on a preheated and greased cast iron pan.
- Flip pancakes after 1-2 minutes, when bubbles start appearing on the edges.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes, and remove from the pan.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
You must be logged in to post a comment.