EASY Instant Pot Boneless Pork Butt
This recipe is so easy to throw together, and the instant pot does all the work. I love to make this in the fall for some reason, and serve with some mashed potatoes & roasted carrots. ENJOY!
- 5 pound Boneless Pork Butt
- 1 Tablespoon neutral oil (Vegetable or avocado)
- 1 cup Apple Cider
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 large Carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Click the “Saute” button on your Instant Pot, and wait until the screen says “Hot”.
- Cut the roast into 3-4 larger chunks (this makes it easier and quicker for the Instant Pot). Blot the meat dry with a paper towel, and season all sides with Salt and Pepper.
- Add the oil to the hot Instant pot, and working in batches sear the meat about 3-5 minutes a side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the onion and carrot to the instant pot, with the oil and any rendered pork fat. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- Add the apple cider, and stir to combine.
- Add the meat pieces to the Instant pot, trying to make sure they all touch the bottom (try not to stack).
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, and set the knob to “Sealing”.
- Click the “Cancel” button if still on “Saute” mode, and click “Manual” button. Cook your roast 15 minutes per pound on High pressure. When done, natural pressure release for minimum 20 minutes, or longer.
- Remove pork from the instant pot to a plate or cutting board. Shred with two forks or slice with a knife.
- Pour the cooking liquid through a fat separator (there most likely is a lot of fat), add the juices without the fat back to the instant pot. You can add the shredded or sliced meat back to the instant pot to keep warm until ready to serve.