Lemon Yellow Cake & Lemon Buttercream
This recipe is based off the wonderful Starlight Yellow Cake recipe from Betty Crocker.
Lemon Yellow Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 inch square glass pyrex dish.
- In a large bowl, beat all the ingredients with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, to initially combine ingredients. Then beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cups of butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 to 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- dash of salt
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes
- Adjust the consistency of the frosting with more lemon juice or powdered sugar.
You must be logged in to post a comment.