This recipe is based off of the Betty Crocker Classic Pancake recipe, with a couple of my own modifications. This recipe makes about 6-8 waffles depending on your iron. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat your waffle iron based on the manufacturers instructions.
- In a medium bowl, wisk all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a wire whisk until fluffy, about a good minute of vigorous whisking or use a hand mixer. Beat in remaining ingredients, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the dry mix into the wet mix and blend only until BARELY mixed. You should see lumps, that’s OK.
- Pour about 3/4-1 cup of batter into your hot iron, or follow your iron’s instructions.
- Bake until waffles are golden brown, about 5 minutes (my iron has a red light that goes off when the waffles are done).
These waffles freeze wonderfully. Place remaining waffles on a silicon or parchment lined cookie sheet, freeze about an hour until firm. Place frozen waffles in a silicone/plastic bag. To reheat, either pop in your toaster or heat in the oven at 350F for about 10 minutes.
Original Betty Crocker “Classic Pancakes” recipe: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/classic-pancakes/77a89da1-fd56-494b-874a-55f9195c1413
Check out my VLOG: